Woolworths Group, Australia’s largest employer, planned to implement several large-scale and high-profile Automation programs that would likely displace workers. They wanted to be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of technologies and digital disruption on Woolworths
- Support strategic workforce planning with clarity on the shape and size of the future workforce
- Identify reskilling pathways for employees at risk of automation and upskilling for employees with future-proof capabilities
Faethm by Pearson armed the Woolworths transformation team with data to:
- identify and quantify the impact of emerging technologies over the next three to five years
- inform delivery of transition pathways for at-risk roles to roles with future growth
- gain a clear view of tech-led supply and demand of roles across all organizational units
Informed by Faethm by Pearson insights, Woolworths Group developed strategies to protect their workforce:
- A Future of Work Fund, established to reskill, upskill and redeploy workers disrupted by automation
- An assessment of future capabilities, informed by Faethm’s capability analysis, to extend the reskilling/upskilling from at-risk roles to all and future-proof the application of L&D spend.
- The creation of new tech-related roles for over 838 FTEs in the next five years.
Global HQ - Bella Vista, Australia
215,000 employees (2020)