Case Study - Reskilling
Zurich Insurance is a global insurance company and one of the largest of its kind in the UK. With a Future of Work priority, the company required precise projections to guide their Strategic Workforce Planning and aimed to achieve this with data-led insights on:
- Impacts on the current workforce from emerging technologies
- Impacts on the business from talent shortages for future roles
- Optimal job pathways and reskilling requirements to lead to the ideal workforce composition for the future
Faethm by Pearson assisted Zurich Insurance to undertake a comprehensive workforce analysis.
- 270 robotics, data science and cyber security roles unfilled by 2024 without a prepared workforce
£ 1 million savings in recruitment and redundancy costs via upskilling initiatives
Informed by Faethm by Pearson insights, Zurich Insurance reskilling, hiring and technology strategies have led to:
- An investment of £1 million into reskilling staff in 2020 alone
- A plan to retrain two-thirds of the Zurich workforce for future roles
- Seven employees undertaking a Data Science Apprenticeship degree
- Over 120 automated interventions introduced to process over a million transactions a year, with a further 100 in the pipeline.
Global HQ - Zurich, Switzerland
56,000 employees (2021)
Financial Services / Insurance